Wednesday, August 06, 2008

United Nations



I was very pleased to be invited to the United Nations today and be able to visit the Assembly Rooms, see all the great gifts given by nations and then spend some time with a UN Officer and learn more about the UN and what it is doing. He took the time to answer questions and explain some of the activities and philosophies in the UN.

We had a wonderful dinner looking out over the river and then had an excellent speech from Jim Cathcart. I have heard Jim speak before and he is a very talented speaker indeed. Tonight he had a message that I enjoyed and wanted to record.

It was about 'asking'. By asking we show strength and by asking we create a relationship which is of mutual benefit. I know in times past I have feared asking someone and there is no real reason for having failed to do so. I know I have come up with excuses why I have not asked them, but there has not been good reasons.

I thank Jim for reminding me that there is no reason not to ask for help and that it is not a sign of weakness, but rather a sign of strength. We all need to be reminded of that at times.



If you want to know more about Jim Cathcart, please go to www.jimcathcart.com

1 comment:

Jim Cathcart's Blog said...

Paul, I've admired your leadership and enjoyed knowing you through the International Federation. Thank you for your kind words in your blog. I'm honored to be positioned in it so prominently and to be known as one of your colleagues and friends.
Sincerely,
Jim Cathcart
www.cathcart.com/blog