Sunday, February 12, 2006

And on to Muscat in Oman

After a successful visit to Dubai at the CEO Conference I went on to Muscat in Oman. This was my first visit to Oman and I was really impressed by how this country is also developing and moving forward. Whole areas of Muscat have been torn down and rebuilt. I was taken to see the Palace and the royal ship in the harbour.





I was speaking at the Oman Chamber of Commerce and the delegates were business people from the business community. I was slightly concerned that I would not be understood and how the message would be relevant to their country and their situation.



I need not have worried. They were able to understand me and loved my session. One way I judge a session is by how many questions people ask, and we had to cut the questions because we ran out of time. So it was a success and they were delighted. They gave me a beautiful gift and I spent the afternoon in a Soek, which is a tradtional market.

No comments: